Monday, May 25, 2009

And the nominees are...

The Spiel des Jahres nominees came out today. Up for the award are:


Dominion, by Donald Vaccarino











Fits, by Reiner Knizia









Fauna, Friedemann Friese













Pandemic, by Matt Leacock












Finca, by Ralf zur Linde and Wolfgang Sentker









Dominion and Fits are both in my collection and I'm glad. They are great games. Pandemic is a good, tense little cooperative game that I've played a few times. And FInca is definitely on my list of "to-buys". Who can resist little fruit shaped wooden pieces! Fauna is a trivia game - a clever one, mind you, but not something I imagine owning.

They have also announced nominees for the Kinderspiel des Jahres and honorable mentions in the Spiel des Jahres category. Definitely worth checking out...

No comments:

Post a Comment